Hello World !
Sustainche™ & Lisa continue elaborating
The Sustains™ VolunTours.
13. Sustains™ VolunTours will be accommodated in what is known as the ‘unmarried males’ or ‘unmarried females’ room (take a look at http://www.sustainche-farm.org/challenges/farm-house). Of course, you’ll have a clean bed of your own and we provide linen and towels for change.
Depending on the size and the gender composition of the group, you might need to share a room with other comrades.
The Sustains™ VolunTours group will consist of typically three to a maximum of five comrades at a time.
14. Showers (separate for males and females) are located next to the rooms and a toilet outside the farm house. By using the shower, please be aware that water is very precious in Namibia. Well, water utilization will in any case be a specific training topic for all Sustains™ VolunTours 😉
15. Sustainche Farm™ is not connected to the electricity network. We have a small solar panel to use the sun’s energy. This is quite enough to recharge minor electronic equipment such as mobile phones.
16. Just meant as a precaution information:
Medical support is available in a nearby private medical clinic in Ongwediva. Please ensure that before your arrival in Namibia you possess a travel insurance including medical care and transport back to your home country.
Beyond this our objective is to provide diversified income to the Sustainche Farm™ family, to youngsters in the neigbourhood and to generate resources for farm investments.
Sustainche™ & Lisa are still inspired to have two donkey friends for good company 🙂
a) 14 days: Euro 1,050.- per person;
b) 28 days: Euro 2,100.- per person.
Requests for longer project stays will be considered but can’t be ensured to be granted. Depending on the development of Sustains™ VolunTours in 2014, in order to comply with the received demand and at the same time following specific Sustainche Farm™ Project’s needs (e.g. construction works), we can image to extend the maximum duration of stay to up to 3 months, which might be also in favour of specific students projects.
For stays at Sustainche Farm™ beyond 28 days, discount on Sustains™ VolunTours fees is granted.
19. Your Sustains™ VolunTours fee includes your accommodation at Sustainche Farm™, three meals per day, various juices produced on the farm, a welcome reception and introduction to the farm, full support during your stay and working on specific projects by our project coordinators, and transfer from/to Ondangwa Airport / Oshakati bus station. At the day of your arrival and thereafter once per week you might wish to go to Ongwediva to refresh your own supply at your own costs.
20. Your Sustains™ VolunTours fee does not include your travel/flight expenses to/from Namibia and to/from Ondangwa Airport / Oshakati bus station, any kind of accommodation before and after your stay at Sustainche Farm™, additional excursions (e.g. to Etosha National Park) not connected to the Sustainche Farm™ Project, souvenirs and drinks not originally produced at Sustainche Farm™.
21. By the way Etosha National Park:
If you wish to extend your stay in Namibia after your 14 days or four weeks Sustains™ VolunTours, don’t hesitate to inform us early enough in order that we can make provisions that Tatekulu M-Sustain™ – our Etosha expert 😉 – can guide you during one week to the hot spots of Eastern Etosha and as far as Okaukuejo with unforgettable African wildlife experience, astonishing scientific insight views on the evolution of Etosha Pan region and climate change, and a visit to the colleagues at the Etosha Ecological Institute.
Please note that the one-week Etosha National Park tour is not included in your Sustains™ VolunTours fee and it is wise to have a group of five people ‘onboard’.
22. We strongly encourage Sustains™ VolunTours candidates to make themselves familiar with the Sustainche Farm™ Project by exploring this web site in full detail.
23. Know Thyself !
Sustainche Farm™ is for sure not the Temple of Apollo at Delphi.
However – it might be exactly here where you can learn to free your mind, start escaping from a prison for your mind – a prison that you can neither smell, nor taste or touch – and understand what is meant for you to do in your life.
Enjoy becoming a smallhold farmer in a spectacular real African environment in Northern Namibia.
Experience what Sustainable Development really means ‘on the ground’ !
… at least for a short time … 🙂
Potentials are invited to apply to develop into Sustains™ VolunTours by using the contact form on this web site (http://www.sustainche-farm.org/contact) and specifying
a) your name,
b) your email address,
c) subject: Sustains™ VolunTours Application,
d) your age, gender, education and interest background,
e) envisaged duration and precise dates of your intended stay at Sustainche Farm™.
Now it is up to you to grabbing your rucksack
– like Sustainche ™ & Lisa did – and
head towards Sustainche Farm™ in Northern Namibia !
Sustainche ™ & Lisa do their best
to bringing your Sustains™ VolunTours wishes
in line with the Sustainche Farm™ Project’s demands.
Enjoy a Merry Christmas, Season’s Greetings
and wishing you a Happy New Year 2014 !